Saturday 30 December 2006

Al-Dar Lebanese Restaurant

This was good, middle-eastern food - haloumi, houmous, spicy potatoes, okra, rice, pitta. We ordered several dishes to share, so it was mostly starters. The starter portions were quite large and everything tasted fine apart from the spinach parcels which were a bit too much pastry and a bit too little spinach... they might has well have not bothered with the filling really! The haloumi was such a large portion that I couldn't finish it all. Charles had strawberry juice to drink, which he said was lovely... I am wishing now that I had tried it as I'm not likely to find that in many other places!

Charles liked this restaurant but I wasn't so keen - it didn't feel 'special' enough as a dining place for me. It was too brightly lit, like a supermarket, and we were surrounded by smokers... cough cough.

Al-Dar Lebanese Restaurant, 61 Edgeware Road, London W2 2HZ

No comments: