Saturday 30 December 2006

Foubert's



Foubert’s is a lovely Italian ice cream shop. I like it primarily because it is a cosy place to hole up. Along one side of the shop are booths with painted panels to separate you from your neighbours if you want a quiet chat, and along the other side of the shop are small, open tables – and everywhere there are mirrors and painted wood. It gives a very friendly, cosy feel.

We had a cappuccino, a black coffee and our ice creams. The ice cream itself is really nice, although a bit on the sweet side. You have quite a few flavours to choose from – I had Hazelnut and Charles had Tutti Frutti, and they were served with old fashioned wafers stuck in the top. It’s like going back to childhood again and enjoying a treat!

Fouberts, 2 Turnham Green Terrace, Chiswick W4 1QP

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been twice and both times I’ve had rude service. The first time I went my partner politely asked if his tiny portion could be topped up a little to resemble what he used to get there a few years ago to which the 'lovely man' replied "If you want more, you pay more!!!" so we did, as we are so used to doing in England despite being dissatisfied. This didn't seem to please him as he continued to rant at us as we walked out the door. I wish I could say it was worth it but my fluorescent orange sorbet was unpleasantly bitter and lacking in flavour. My partner enjoyed his pistachio though. The second time, today, we went to get a litre of ice cream (1/2 lemon sorbet, 1/4 pistachio, 1/4 rum & raisin) to take away. It was put in 2 separate tubs (I hadn’t specifically asked for that) and I was charged £10 instead of £9 because I was getting 2 x 1/2 litre tubs not a 1 litre one. When I fished in my purse for the extra pound the grumpy lady serving me loudly lectured me on the price of tubs saying "you pay extra pound for 2 tubs and that's that!". I was left with a bitter taste in my mouth and it wasn’t from the fluorescent sorbet. What happened to customer service? I won’t be going back that’s for sure!