Sunday 3 December 2006

Caffe Uno

Believe it or not, I don’t think I’ve ever been into a Caffe Uno before. This morning I met up with some friends in Ealing Broadway to have breakfast there. As we walked in through the door I felt like I was in the wrong place for breakfast as the dark décor gave it more the feeling of a pub than a café. And I’m not a fan of pubs! However, the waiter couldn’t have been more perfect – very professional and polite, much smarter than you would normally expect of a café – and very handsome too, which is always a bonus! Those of you who like big, dark men with ponytails, trot along to Caffe Uno and rest your eyes a while!

My friends and I all had croissants with various kinds of coffee to drink. The croissants were large and warm and nice. However we were only given one of those teeny little wrapped butter portions each, which wasn’t nearly enough for a whole croissant. Why do cafés (and even worse, some ‘restaurants’) do this? Can they not afford to give you a decent sized portion of butter in a dish? Or, at the very least, two of the wrapped portions? However, I did like it that Handsome Waiter came and offered us all our own particular choice of jams – and the jam was a larger portion, just the right amount. My caffe latte came in a tall glass which I wasn’t expecting. Is this usual?! I’ll have to keep my eyes open and see what other places do. Personally I would have preferred a normal coffee cup, but if that’s not the proper way to do caffe lattes then I shall have to stay quiet on that one!

I’m not sure I would choose to have breakfast in Caffe Uno again, I like more daylight to see my food by! But the coffee and croissants were nice. And there’s that waiter…!

Caffe Uno, 24 New Broadway, Ealing W5 2XA
www.caffeuno.co.uk

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if a croissant is full of butter you should not even get butter. I suppose the one served had enough in it! If you go to France or to Italy they would not give you butter